24 Hour Dependable Transportation

In Memory of . . .

Need a ride?

Give us a call

(360) 786-5226.

Fax us: (360) 754-9461

Drop us an Email.

Fill out our on-line request form.


Our Don Hogan, who said he would never be a Taxi driver.

Duck was a dishwasher at a local café for years. He came to drive Cabulance in 1992, as a ‘blue-shirt’ and was loved by all of his passengers. As years went by, it was found that he not only drove with our firm, but moon-lighted as a ‘repairman’ as a side job, helping our customers after hours fixing doors, screens, mowing, etc.

Duck loved his water, and fishing was his favorite interest, even though he could not swim two strokes, if he was not home you could find him out on a lake. Opening day of fishing season he was always ‘off’ shift.

The lure of the cash and gratuities the Taxi offered, Duck changed and operated both as a White and Blue shirt.

Heart and diabetes problems consumed our ‘Duck’ and he learned to operate a computer, and performed excellently with his two-finger keyboard hunt and peck methods in the Dispatch Center. When it was not busy, he was known to make extra money by playing penny-ante poker with the Drivers on the side.

Duck’s heart stopped one night at his home, ironically across the street from his old workplace, the café on Martin Way – Although he is still with us, in our hearts, as we all remember, “If it looks like a Duck, and sounds like a Duck, then it is a Duck.”

Services were held by the family at a local church, which we provided some memorabilia of Duck’s artwork left at our office and a Taxi funeral procession, with rubber ducks on the dash of the vehicles. Duck’s hand carved shingle ‘DC Cab’ still hangs in our office.


Bill Herrington did not get along at the local mass transit bus firm, so he thought he would be able to operate a Taxi, and he did in 1995.

Quite well – in fact, his working ethic was just to finish the tasks for everyone else, and get the job done.

Whatever vehicle he leased, it shined, as Bill has special cleaning agents he used, and they worked. This extra step probably would not be welcomed at a union shop.J

With artificial shoulders, hips, knees he drove, safely, at a great expense to his operation.

Annually he took Lakefair week off, to do volunteer work at our local community event.

Bill cared, about each passenger, sometimes caring too much.

One morning Bill did not show up, and we found him to be asleep, forever, in his home on Black Lake.

Bill’s memorial was held at the Moose Lodge, where he maintained their dance floor with his special mixture of floor cleaner. The crew attended and transportation services were suspended during the memorial, in memory of our Bill.

To commemorate Bill, a waterfall was added to our Memorial Garden, to remind us of his devotion to Lakefair.


Between motorcycle riding and eating at Jim’s Diner in Tumwater, somehow this hard working furniture mover became a Taxi operator.

Claud Price was promoted to be an Assistant Manager in charge of scheduling vehicle maintenance and repairs.

Being a private proud person, when his health began failing he enlisted the assistance of his family to get the job done. Many a time we could see his lovely wife, Yvonne, washing his vehicle, to help Claud get the job done. He believed in our firm, and stood by us all the way, being a loyal and dependable person and friend.

You could set your clock by Claud. He was never late. It was a sad Saturday, when his niece called us from the hospital, to relate that ‘we lost Claud’. Even after life, Claud maintained our policies and advised us that he would not show up ~, he is truly missed.

Claud did not want anyone ever looking down at him, so with the families permission, we held a memorial circle in the shop, where he worked, and candlelight story exchange remembering the good times.

His death was instrumental in the creation of our Memorial Garden. The rocks depict our solid people, and plaques, commemorating who the beginning founders were. As Claud loved roses, we have planted several, which are thriving.


AKA, Brian Sheedy, who took a decade to find out that the grass, was not always greener on the other side of the fence. Unfortunately, time after time again, he performed services and was not compensated for his time or energy. Pacman truly bounced from one company to another, looking for that golden egg, and when he finally decided that DC Cab was his home of choice, it was a bit late.

His “Yep, Yep, Yep” can still be heard in our halls, even though he never heard a word you said. Veterans only gave the man one set of hearing aids, and those went through the wash cycle. Along with his money – the road was not always easy for Paccie.

It turned out he did not have diabetes after all, and his kidneys were shot, so off to dilate at home with the services of his nephew Clayton.

Safe driving was an issue, and Pacman was not willing to sit idle, so he became a vehicle detailer as a side job, and when he fell, repeatedly, just walking from point a to point b, it was decided that it was time for him to be home, where he would not hurt himself any further.

We tried to stay in touch with Clayton and found that Pacman was sent to a hospital in Seattle for an amputation. It was truly a shock to our crew when we read the obituary in the Shelton Journal.

Pacman’s external speakers for our commercial radio that was no longer needed, sits on a shelf in the shop.

Bob Moss

During the 20th century, he worked as a Dispatcher, and then a Cabulance driver. His residence was near the office, which allowed him to ‘respond’ when called, rather quickly. One early morning call (4:00 AM) presented Bob with two different shoes on, which we enjoyed reminiscing over for years. (His pair of shoes included one brown, and one black.

Due to his health concerns, he left, only to return during the 21st Century.

Bob preferred being the ‘morning start’ operator, allowing him an early off to enjoy the afternoons. He enjoyed the people he transported tremendously. As reliable as the sun coming up every day, Bob was always there.

His previous employer offered him a ‘deal’ too sweet to pass up, so Bob left our services, once again.

Unfortunately, with his health issues, Bob expired in his personal vehicle leaving the parking lot at that job. It was one of those summer days, after a 10-hour shift working security and apparently, his heart finally gave out on him.

We shall remember his wonderful ‘thought’ for the day and contagious laugh echoing across our lot.

Allen Arleque

In 1992 Allen walked up to the building we operated out of and asked, “What is going on here?” His residence we passed, numerous times daily, with our top light vehicles, and he was curious. As he was within walking distance, he became a white shirt Taxi operator, as he felt this was something he could do to earn some part-time income for his young family.

Our firm grew, and moved locations; he became the Manager of our operation, which he did a wonderful job. Allen exposed us to ‘East Coast’ coffee, which a spoon could stand up in. With life, things change, and so do our needs, at which time, Allen moved on down the road.

His family grew up, and again, he had some available time, and the opportunity we offered, he once again accepted, which worked out well for him, or so it seemed.

This lump appeared, on his neck, and he got it checked out, to find it was cancer. With the treatments, it was impossible for him to operate his business, so he left.

The last we spoke, Allen made his choice, he felt settled with his life, and knew he would always be a part of our company. Sadly, during the fall of 2007, we added another plaque rock to our Memorial Garden, for such a young member of our crew (51).

During Allen’s private memorial service, memories were shared. One related that Allen expressed to others, he felt his involvement with our services was the most enjoyable earning opportunity he had experienced. That is a tribute to all the passengers Allen transported ~ thank you.

Customers allow us to be in business.

We treat them right!